Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This really makes me mad!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This really makes me mad!
    Posted: August 22 2007 at 6:10am

This is the 2nd time this happened 2 Enfields a BSA no1 MK3 and a Savage no4 MK1 both for $235 and where in great shape, I said I would be there Saturday with cash but what does he do he sales them both,Angry it can't be something I did I was nice as can be, any advise for buying a rifle? 

Happiness is...
a belt-fed weapon
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 8:05am
I've had that happen to me before, then my buddy went back a couple a weeks latter and the Rifle was back on the shelf for more money.
hows that, went back and the guy said it was another one. with the same scratch in the stock same place. imagine that.
He could of come up with a better lie than that. at least say the guy that bought it pawned it. know what i mean?
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 8:51am
Yea rhino I knew a clown that owned a pawned that rotated his stock and raised prices.

CM
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 11:08pm
had this happen with a couple very old sported candidates for reclamation id made an offer on , the pawnbroker had three diferent shops in town , he said they had sold for full price - my offer undercut his listed price for the  combination of the two , a few weeks later i spot them listed higher in another storefront of his , i did not make a second offer - it would have been far lower than my first , both were brutely D&Td as well as hacked and cut , but there was suficient part value to salvage my cost had i been lucky enough to buy them [oh and there were a few parts i needed too]
there are folks out there that have the idea their stuff is worth more than anyone elses , more power to them , but its always miffed me when a fellow makes a deal then renigs because once the deal was made he felt he could get more - never seems to think he got enough , hope he is stuck with them forever
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:43pm
What seems like a lifetime ago now (about 1977-8 ) I was in Adelaide & happened to see one of 5000 Ruger#1's in 45-70 ,they were a limited edition with a Lyman Telescope fitted . The Older members may remember them ,they came in a case very nice indeed ! The Price Tag was a $1000.00 & that was a fair amount of money in those days ! The Dealer was a personal freind & I went straight in & told him I just had to find a Bank & I would have the rifle ! Of course I know Adeliade  as much as I know the face of the moon ! I was back in about a hour & noticed the rifle was no longer in the store window ! I thought the chap had packaged it for me (I always have sealed a deal with a hand shake ) The rotten lousy Shylock had sold the rifle to a chap who entered the shop with the cash !!!!!Angry

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic