FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going to the range today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to the range today
    Posted: February 27 2006 at 8:03am

Well guys I was counting up my bounty!! I always police  the range for spent brass regardless if I use or reload a certian type of brass or not, you can always trade for some .303 if needed. After or returning my .303 spent cases to the plastic storage boxes. I made a quick walk around the range and the various shooting stations. I picked up the following ( remember totals are approximate) (1000) 9mm luger, (600) .45ACP, (150) .44 magnum, (30) 5.56 NATO, (100) .357 magnum,  (75) .38 special, (40) .38 Super Auto, and (50) .40 cal. smith & Wesson. If any of you have any surplus brass in any caliber that you wnat to get ride of let me know? Thank you

The "Cookie Monster"

Edited by Cookie Monster - February 27 2006 at 8:04am
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:04pm

Ok!  40.9 gr of IMR 3031 pushing a .311 dia 150gr Boat tail worked well in both guns . Thru the cronograph is was getting 2550 fps . I ran a few thru the Longbranch with 42 gr of 3031 and started to spread the group out was in the 2600 fps range. Any one else use IMR powders? I like the stuff always works good for me.

Cookie Monster

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 8:16am

Well guys it was great!! I wll post my findings as soon as I get all my notes together!!

Cookie Monster

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 11:20pm

dave,

My thoughts as well, going to start off with some light loads and go from there. i still will not shoot any real hot rounds. Going to slowly creep up on the most accurate. gathering up toys now and headed to the range.

Cookie Monster

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 3:59pm
The secret with the Old #1 mk III is to keep your loads down around the starting loads  as the Old rear lockers don't lke to go above about 45000psi. On saying that I prefer the MKIII to the MK4 but it's a personal thing

Dave
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 3:19pm

Headed to the Range today to test some loads in my 1945 No.4 Mk.1* longbranch. Also taking my 1942 No.1 MkIII* to shoot for the first time. I'll post my findings for you other handloaders to check out.

The cookie monster

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic