Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C No7 .22 MK1 Extractor (moved)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2023 at 6:30pm
i have to repeat what i know ive already said - in a different way , i like the fact that all my guns are intact as shipped to me or bought , safe in their storage area without any disassembly , i do have multiple magazines for my 22s and ARs and M14type rifes as well as all my handguns but they are stored with the item , some are loaded - OK a lot are loaded and ready to go - not that they are going anywhere , 

im very sorry some of you dont have the freedoms we have , but im really happy we do [as immitted as they have become] i think everyone should have the same rights and be as free as we are , i also think our constitution has been infringed in that we cant own anything we want without paper , but thats another discussion altogether , 

im going to open my cabinet and dig out all of my 22s [quite a lot of them] for further inventory and cleaning tomorrow - that may take all day but ive nothing else to do , its winter here even tho its currently raining and may freeze in the night , not our regular feb and wont last long - i hope , 

im not trying to rub it in so much as to cmpare the difference between god given rights and government control - what we here are fighting every day , our forefathers had a great insight into the future , but i think they forgot to abolish lawyers , just my take , we shall see if we survive , i hope we do and they rest of you one day get to enjoy the same , OR NOT if thats what you choose 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2023 at 11:13am
I was "leant" to a different store  by the company I worked for. It was in Haslemere, Surrey. The house they arranged for me to have temporary accommodation in was one of those "Midsomer Murders rural mansions". It was owned by a widow of a retired military officer who'd passed away some years previously. She rented rooms to students & had 2 staff a gardiner/cook & a maid secretary. She did it "just to hear voices in the empty house"
They had a problem with nuisance deer (siki) which had been brought in, they were damaging trees by bark stripping & eating the vegetables from the garden.
A local Hunter from the village volunteered to "come up when he could" & did, but the deer never kept the appointment!
I mentioned That I could help as i was living there at the time, I just had to get "Avon & Somerset" to talk to "Surrey" constabulary to get my rifle there to be temporarily kept.
"No Need Old Chap, we have guns galore go & pick one"!
Oh Boy, did they ever!
My first & last "Gun Room" visit!
The walls were lined with oak  glass cabinets filled with mostly shotguns. The "cabinets below" held ammunition & handguns! I'm not saying it was huge but there was a full sized snooker (billiards) table in the center with room to play without being constricted!
They "got Away with it" because the room itself was solidly built & the doors both securely locked!
Star
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Strangely Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangely Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 2:28am
As a carry on to the problems faced by us Brits by current Home Office and police regulations let me tell you how my weekend went.

I had made up three batches of various bullet weights and carefully seated them 0.15 thou off the lands ready for a two hour booking at 200 yards at Bisley tomorrow. 
This was to try my 7.62mm No.4 which to date hasn't shown much promise due to an ill fitting fore end which has now been re-inletted and hopefully fixed.

Pleased with my reloading endeavours I put then in my (separate) ammunition cabinet and turned the key, only to hear a clunk from inside the cabinet before the key had fully turned.
Using a bit more force to try and unlock the cabinet the key shaft came out minus the key fitting itself!
Emailed the makers for suggestions regarding getting back into the cabinet but so far have had no response, I'll give it until this afternoon before resorting to my electric drill.

The good news is that I have ammunition in another cabinet for another rifle so I will get to shoot, but not the rifle I really wanted to shoot!  

Mick
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 5:23am
Mick, that must be frustrating!  

I used to say that these locked cabinets were just for keeping your “friends” out, doesn’t do much for someone who is determined to get in.  Hopefully you don’t have to resort to a drill and you can get a new lock. 

How much time do these laws give you to lock up the ammunition?  As soon as one round is loaded? 15 minutes, 30 minutes after it’s loaded?  Do the reloading components have to be locked up too? A bit absurd…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangely Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 5:37am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

How much time do these laws give you to lock up the ammunition?  As soon as one round is loaded? 15 minutes, 30 minutes after it’s loaded?  Do the reloading components have to be locked up too? A bit absurd…

Geoff, no time limit as such but everything has to be secure if you're out of the house, I seem to recall that the firearms act says you have to "be in control" of firearms & ammunition with other people around or some such? 
Components as far as I'm aware do not have be locked away...mine certainly aren't. 

I've drilled the lock but to no avail, just waiting to hear from the manufacturer (Brattonsound) before doing anything else, it would be nice to save the cabinet if possible because at £279 I really don't want to buy another. 

Tomorrow is now about reloaded 144gr RG bullets, some seated to the cannelure and the rest to magazine length. I picked 300 of these up the other day for peanuts and wondered if they would make a reasonable plinking round...not that I do much plinking these days!
Mick
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 6:56am
Here in Canada, firearms and ammo must be locked away securely in separate cabinets, rooms, bomb shelters or what have you; as long as they are secure. Mine are. They are in a well locked room, with two entries, unlock enter, unlock enter. Inside my gun vault I have racks and cabinets, all locked.
While talking to an OPP officer, I posed a hypothetical Q, what happens if it`s broken into and stuff goes missing.
His response was, in all likely hood you`d be arrested for having unsecured firearms and other controlled items!!!......................
Hows that for being an upstanding law abiding F--king Canadian!!!! Really really starting to hate this reality we call Canada, we`re set up for failure right from the get go.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 11:07am
That stinks, can you get at the hinge pins?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangely Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

That stinks, can you get at the hinge pins?

I don't think so; I'm seeing some shooting friends tomorrow for advice before I get the angle grinder out. 
Premier brand of secure cabinet comes complete with a cheap key! 

Mick
Vassy51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassy51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2023 at 4:22am
Hi Guys especially Britrifles.
As posted a while back, new to this forum, help in obtaining a Cno7 Extractor for my .22 trainer Long Branch.
You/we have a Dimond of a guy on this forum Geoff, he identified the extractor exactly and gave some alternative suggestions as to what might be the problem (as did many of you) 
He suggested I PM him , well once I got to grips with what PM was I did.
The Generosity of this Man is overwhelming, he had a spare and sent me it completely free of charge.
Now I’m not suggesting sending begging requests, because its glaringly obvious he’s a very genuine generous man, the knowledge he brings to this forum from what I’ve seen so far is invaluable.
Can’t thank him enough, from a very happy Brit and eternally grateful. 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2023 at 4:29am
You’re very welcome Vassy, but, I’m only passing on what others on this form have done for me.  Glad I could help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic