Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's Just Temporary...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's Just Temporary...
    Posted: March 08 2023 at 8:42am
I have been trying to get to the range these last couple of weeks but have been snowed out. This weekend is as clear as it can get finally. I want to see just how accurate Frenchie is so I temporarily put a Nikko Stirling 4-16×50 scope on her as well as a Herter's Sporting Buttstock. Everything goes back to original nick after this weekend. I am only shooting her out to 100 yards just to compare with the groups I did through open/iron sights. The chosen load for this test will be the same as I used originally.  40.0grns of VVN540, 174grn FMJ-BT's, GM215M primers, and an AOL  of 3.035"...
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 9:43am
Scope and stock actually look pretty good on there.
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by scottz63 scottz63 wrote:

Scope and stock actually look pretty good on there.
I have been looking at her from every angle and it just doesn't look right with the scope and buttstock in place. I actually had thought about doing the reproduction sniper setup but quickly got smart again and dismissed it altogether. I have a PH5C rear sight and that doesn't even look right when installed. Come Sunday afternoon when I get back from the range, Frenchie gets properly dressed again...
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 10:05am
Oh, for sure, "properly dressed" is best. A little dress-up for a range session is not bad though. :)
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic