Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lee- Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lee- Speed
    Posted: March 15 2023 at 2:46pm
I have a Lee- speed Patents 303 and looking for info on it like the year and maybe value. The Ser# is 3547 on both barrel and breach.  Looks like it is fully intact including volley sights.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 5:51pm
some of your text was cut off by photos in my screen , but it does appear to be a complete rifle and a nice find from what i can see , i know little of these so will allow those more knowledgeable to respond , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 10:07am
I hope you don't mind I tidied up your post a little to make it clearer.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 3:20am
An officers Pattern No.1, very nice.
If it has a safety at the rear of the bolt then it was made after 1895 and up to the 1930`s, other than that maybe an original sale receipt or ownership provenance for a more exact date.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Sapper740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2023 at 4:15am
I can't give you an accurate price without lots more pics but I can give you a range of between $1,200 to $1,600 usd.  I recently bought a viewed civilian M.L.E. MkI* target rifle in near mint condition with a Twin Zero micrometer peep sight on it for $1,900 so working backwards the sight is worth $400 and the condition of mine is better.  Yours is somewhat rarer so the price range I suggested is fairly accurate.  Of course, anything goes in an auction, especially if you get two or three large egos bidding against each other.   The prices quoted are approximately the going rate for such rifles in the U.S.  I can't speak to the Canadian market.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2023 at 5:00am
 "I can't speak to the Canadian market"

I saw one here recently, complete and unaltered, the asking price was north of $2000.
As much as I`d like to own one of these, at these prices my pension strongly disagrees...lol
 Very nice old rifle and a keeper I would think.

Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Sapper740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2023 at 5:59pm
If you're talking $2,000 CDN then with the exchange rate I wasn't too far off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic