Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bandoliers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 8:32pm
The one marked MW is from just up the road from me. Welshpool.
Well 300 miles up the road. Next door really
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 3:28am
Another "mystery" bandolier. I got this bandolier at a shop in Anchorage, it was filled with 1950 dated Mk.VII Ball that was made by F.N. in Belgium, the chargers were also made by F.N.
However somebody on Militaria Collecting Forum posted this exact type of bandolier as possible US Lend-Lease made, the bandolier he posted was packed with 1943 Mk.VIIz Ball made by Winchester (WRA Marked).
Anyone know more about this?
Mark

The .303" Cartridge, Helping Englishmen express their emotions since 1888.
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 3:29am
Here is the best I could do with the marking.

TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 3:34am
And one more "mystery" bandolier. When I was at the IWM in London this type of bandolier was on display in the Great War Trench Exihibit. That is one of the few places I have seen this type of bandolier. Could this be a version of a British .303" Bandolier from the Great War?
Mark

Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 9:02am
My research shows that the bandos with the bakelite buttons pre date the ones with the brass snaps....ww1 - definite possibility
Get some
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:10pm
I think the only bandoliers for .303" Cartridges that I have seen to have the brass snaps (aka "press studs"?) were Australian made. Did other nations make bandoliers with brass fasteners? I know the British made bandoliers I have all have a brass or copper wire to secure the pockets closed.
Mark
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:35pm
I cant say bout bandoliers-But I DO know that "snaps" were what they used on web gear durinn WWII english & Brit.(I have some)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:36pm
meant to say English & Canadian
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 8:44pm

My Aussie bandoleers from the 50's have the brass split clips.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic