Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Re-enacting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interest in .45 DeLisle replica's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard/SIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interest in .45 DeLisle replica's?
    Posted: May 18 2008 at 4:52pm
Now that I have my .45 magazine adaptors back in stock I was thinking of making up some more non-suppressed Delisle near replica's.

I do these in small numbers, but it makes more sense if I do several of them at a time.

Lots of work in them, more than you might expect with the off-set tube.

Price is about $1,200 for a gun that shoots just fine but is NOT suppressed.

They are not exact replica's, but they still fool many people.
They are close enough that I hide large holes in the "suppressor tube" under the fore-wood so that owners can prove to officers that the gun is not really silenced if they are ever asked.

I'm trying to get a feel for how many to make this time around.

I'm still working on improved baffles for the real suppressed version.

At over $3.00 a gallon for gas, I want it leaded, 100 octane, and my windshield washed!
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 8:09am
I wonder what kind of handloads it can handle. 30,000 PSI in 45 caliber could be pretty potent.
Stan the Gunman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan the Gunman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 8:04am
Clap Oh boy do I want one! The laws where I live lets me have one silenced for HUNTING but not for general target practice. Strange but who cares since I can '' practise '' as much as want with a registerd hunting rifle.

Can you export too Sweden?Big smile
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2009 at 2:20am
Well I hate to say it but the action of the rifle pictured differs greatly from that used by the real Delise.
The originals used a shortened bolt body and a tuned down .45 SMG barrel that protuded through the receiver ring, resulting in a short throw action which is one of its best features. The magazine adaptor was arranged to set the mag far back in the mag well.

On the downside the turned down shank was unsupported at the chamber area, so only the standard pressure .45 ACP would be safe. The chamber wall being necessarily thin .

The later clone version adaptations may allow higher pressures, but several of the higher pressure propriatary loadings used by custom guns like the Detonics were known for blowing out the base of standard dimension .45 ACP cases, the webs weren't thick enough.
Special thick web cases may be available for higher pressure loads.

During the 70's a .45 round dedicated for silenced carbine use was based on a cut down .458 belted magnum case. It used bullets of up to 500 grains for maximum impact at subsonic velocity.
The rifles used were more modern sporter actions with bolt heads suited to the magnum rim size.

A .45 ACP silenced carbine was also built on the Remington 788 action.
sabretech2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabretech2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 2:58pm

Richard,

Would these be built on No4 actions or on No1 actions like in the photo?

And how is that scope mount for the No4 rifle going? Been quite awhile since you posted about it.

No4 MkI*, Savage 1943,
FTR (F) 1954 Mk1/3
No4 Mk2 ROF(F) 5/50
No2A1 RFI 1966
Richard/SIA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard/SIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 1:53pm
I have been gather beat and DP No, 1 actions for these.

The No. 1 makes a more accurate DeLisle.

I stated "Near-replica", as I am not attempting to make them exactly as original.
My version is much more practical.

The scope mounts are awaiting some tooling which I expect to get in next week.
Then I can begin to make them in quantity, instead of one at a time.
At over $3.00 a gallon for gas, I want it leaded, 100 octane, and my windshield washed!
JonathanH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2010 at 10:52pm
I think they are really neat and if they were ever to come across the boarder I'd love to save up for one. Sadly though I don't think you can import guns from the United States to Canada and if you can its a really really expensive process.
limpetmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limpetmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 10:44pm
yes.
Beerhunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beerhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Richard/SIA Richard/SIA wrote:

I have been gather beat and DP No, 1 actions for these.

What on earth is the matter with you?

You have no idea why those actions were DP'd and so it is the height recklessness to reuse them.
Richard/SIA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard/SIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 4:39am
You are making a LOT of negative assumptions!
You can easily save yourself, just don't buy any.

DP rifle sights, trigger guards, wood, etc. are unsafe?
Salvaging small parts to make Bubba guns more complete is dangerous?
So I guess every restored gun on this site is an attack on fellow enthusiast!

I PERSONALLY test fire every gun I build, and I'm never worried about it, never had a failure beyond incomplete extraction, or light primer hits.

I'm not airing the exact details of each build to gratify your ego, go hunt up more beer and amuse yourself into a stupor.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 8:21pm
Once again I note cutting and pasting to provoke arguments has started. I am aware this post plus other posts on this forum are being discussed elsewhere. Any further infractions will be dealt with by Eric CM or myself! 
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 6:40am
Thanx Tony!Knew I could depend on ya, mate!
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 7:15am
Hey Hoadie , Next time we talk on the phone ..let Me in on this ..I dont go to other sights that often unless its to look up some thing ...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 11:36am
Let ya in on what? In my opinion its a non-issue, bud. Coupla guys pissin on each other, draggin down the integrity of the forum.
Non starter, Rhino...not even woth comment
Let the moderators handle it.

Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Once again I note cutting and pasting to provoke arguments has started. I am aware this post plus other posts on this forum are being discussed elsewhere. Any further infractions will be dealt with by Eric CM or myself! 

Thank You again Tony for staying on top of this

. We run a very open forum here and everyone’s opinions are always welcome, however person attacks will not be tolerated!  There is a difference between constructive criticism and your personal opinions verses a personal attacks and Instigating arguments. As Tony stated this will be delt with  Accordingly.

CM
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 1:38pm
wish i could recall where - there was someone asking about these recently elsewhere , very nice 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic