Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Military Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name your Favorite WWII Aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodiac400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 11:03am
I'd have to say my personal favorite would be the P-51 Mustang. I'm into the R/C hobby and thinking of getting a   P-51 Mustang to fly.
Stan the Gunman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan the Gunman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 10:54am
Well, If I had to chose just one it would be '' The wooden wonder ''! There are many beautiful and fanstic designs from this era. But my first coice would be the De Havilland Mosquito, a jack of all trades! Bomber, Pathfinder, Nightfighter, Long range recon or torpedo plane. There was even one version that mounted a real canon!
Fast, very fast!

Here comming in low and fast!
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 1:05pm
P-61 Black Widow
P-40 (any configuration)
H6K MAVIS
Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 8:26pm
You'd go down well with my lad Kodiac. He was into radio controlled planes for quite a while, until we moved over to Lancashire, we still have 2 stored up in the loft.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

You'd go down well with my lad Kodiac. He was into radio controlled planes for quite a while, until we moved over to Lancashire, we still have 2 stored up in the loft.

What RC aircraft do you all have Tony?
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 10:11pm
1 is a Limbo Dancer for acrobatics, the other is a Long Cabin, once it's up you have to make it land. 6foot wing span 40cc engine quite slow but very stable. The limbo dancer with the right controller is extremely agile, again a 40cc engine and given the right conditions you can get it to hover.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 6:26am
The absolute most BEAUTIFUL aircraft to grace the skies was the Spitfire..hands down.
The Mosquito sure runs a close 2nd-in my books.(Course-the Typhoon got a bad/slow start..but once the bugs were out & used in the PROPER role-it was quite a kite,as well!!)
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 12:25am
Mine would be 

the Catalina sea craft (US I think) after the Stuka.

My Father in-law served in New Guinea WW2 and flew home in a Catalina at wars end.
I remember the story he told me of flying over the Great Barrier Reef, whilst sitting in the bomb aimers seat,the view was fantastic.
Fond memories he told me of his experiences,after he died the eldest daughter found all these black and white pics of the native women topless she threw them out.

I know what I like & like what I know.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 2:23am
Though both a little late to make any real difference, my choice are the Me 262 and f9f Bearcat.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 3:16am
Originally posted by oldbikewrench oldbikewrench wrote:

P-61 Black Widow
P-40 (any configuration)
H6K MAVIS

Only a crew of 2.... Well able to defend itself and capable of carrying a bigger bomb load than a B17G
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 3:20am
I was refering to the Mosquito. 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 6:13am
Lancashire
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 6:56am
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

Lancashire

That not a WW11 aircraft, its Yorkshires less famous poorer neighbour.Wink
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 7:44am
P-40 Tomahawk 
F4U Corsair 
B17G Flying Fortress 
P-38 Lightning 
Supermarine Spitfire
P-51 Mustang 
Hawker Sea Fury
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 10:35am
You might get to see this really classy Mk IX Spit. if you live in the right places.
There's a real time flight tracker app under "about".

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 1:11pm
For me, no question... Spitfire and Typhoon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic