Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Competitions Section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 11:55am
I think this could be a fun idea; I'd like there to be a class for .22 trainers as well; because most weekends that what I shoot! our local range is only 50 metres, it's a 4 hour round trip to find a 200 metre range for the .303

I suppose you could judge group size by MOA, so you could have comparable scores at 50/100/200 metres.
Targets could be certified/signed by the duty member of each club.
Post photo here (with a ruler placed on the target for scale)

It will be interesting to compare the different models and loads etc of the members.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 1:14pm
Good point, add a .22 group as well.

You could make it more interesting & challenging by scoring for score & for group size. Not quite sure how to merge the grouping & application scoring though.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Rolltide386 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolltide386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 2:59pm
Any factory ammo ? I'm limited to just a couple choices.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 1:03pm
Thought I'd start the ball rolling on this! I was at the range today to practice for a military small bore match next month. I took the No8 and the Lithgow No2MkIV*. Recently I seem to be getting on  well with the Lithgow; so decided to try out both and decide which one to use for the match. 
Well today I hit a personal best with the Lithgow of 99/100, shot prone at 50 metres with no rest (equals my best with the No8).

So I have decided to use the Lithgow for this years .22 competitions. 
The competitions are 10  shots prone and 10 standing (with 5 practice shots prone). 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 1:47pm
97 ~ 1 "x" ?
(Scoring outwardly).

Let the battle commence!Tongue

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 4:02am
There are actually 2 together in the centre. In France it would score 99 as they count a broken line counts the high score, however I'm happy to count it whichever way suits the forum.
I'll have to do a target from the standing position as well.
I need to practice a bit more with this rifle,(Lithgow No2MkVI*) but I do find the sights are well suited to the C50 target at 50 metres,it seems the U notch in the rear sight just shows the black centre of the C50 perfectly so very easy to hold dead centre; despite the group size being larger than my No8 rifle

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 4:20am
OK, they score inwards, I agree.
99 3X
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 11:36am
Here's a close up of the target, it's a little clearer than my first photo.

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 11:40am
Nice Shooting!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2015 at 3:32pm
id say ou both perform well 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 6:04am
My attempt at the "100yd fullbore scoped from a bench" class.Star

I make it a 3 1/8" 10-round group scoring 100 8XTongue

(sounds great but on a full sized silhouette @ 100yds its a given)

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 11:08am
Nice shooting Shamu.
I had a competition a week ago, which was at 100 metres using C50 targets (this was instead of the C200 at 200 metres) as a qualifying round for the regional championship.
 I used the No1MkIII* with factory Prvi ammo. Only got signed up to shoot on the thursday due to a mess up at our club and didn't have time to make up any hand loads. Practice shots were awful, having never shot at 100 metres and sights are set for the hand loads. Anyway I managed to find the aim off point and ended up with 151/200 (76/100 and 75/100) which was ok considering my first practice shot was not even on the paper!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 5:47am
OK This is actually Tony's idea, but we're having a  hard time getting the image to post, so I reworked it a little.

Print this out in color on a standard sheet of 8 1/2 X 11" printer paper.

You get 3 shots, your choice of caliber & position, but, to keep it fair no machine rests & so on.

The goal is to COMPLETELY remove the little black dot.

Scan & re-post your results here.

Have at it.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 10:03am
Shamu, I can't get it to print. Can you attach it to a personam e-mail?

Thanks, Zed.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 1:01pm
I think so, let me try.
PM me your e-mail.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 2:05pm
Make your own if you can't get it to print out. The outer square is 2.5 x 2.5 inches and the inner is 1inch x 1 inch. This came about because I recently purchased some Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 scopes for myself and the lad, the gunsmith fitted 1 on my lightweight remmington 700 and the other on the lads voere bore sighted them and told us to shoot on his indoor 100 yard range. 3 308 soft nosed 150 grain bullets in the rifle and a sandbag rest, switched on the red dot sighted on the dot and wallop the dot was gone 2 rounds left so I tried it again the hole was slightly enlarged 3rd round exactly in the same spot. All I can say is it's a testament to the rifle manufacturer that a 25 year old rifle with an excellent scope mounted on it will do this repeatedly. A lot of my stalking aquaintanced condemn Remmington rifles  as being cheap and nasty all I can say to that is "b&**&cks.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic