Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meet and Greet at Rhino's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 5:40am
Aww, Geez its blood sausage. I thought it was some kind of Arcadian plonk!Censored

You know, Vin du pays, aka "Chateau pis du chat"Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Ishapore150 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishapore150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 5:57am
I don't believe you Dragon.Make about 5lbs and bring it to Rhino's next month and prove me wrong Big smile I'll need to do some research (about a 10in link) before I can make a decision Thumbs Up Hope to meet you there.
-.- -.. ..... --- --.. .--- If you understand that 73's
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:45am
shamu - you mean its cajun hagass ?
lil dragon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Ishapore150 Ishapore150 wrote:

I don't believe you Dragon.Make about 5lbs and bring it to Rhino's next month and prove me wrong Big smile I'll need to do some research (about a 10in link) before I can make a decision Thumbs Up Hope to meet you there.

If all goes well, I'd be honored to attend...
lil dragon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:59am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

shamu - you mean its cajun hagass ?

Hell no! Haggis requires intestinal fortitude. Boudin requires testicular fortitude...
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 9:04am
strangely enough - i think i follow this line of thinking ,

illhave a bit of boiled cabbage with mine ,

and a companion to enjoy it with please ,

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:38pm
I was raised on "blood puddin".My dad turned me on to it.Me Irish grannie used to make it back durin the depression - when they was livin on the farm.She'd make it from the blood when they was butcherin the hogs.
Course ya cant get it they way she used to make it...but theres some mighty fine stuff available-which gets me evrytim I see it.(darn expensive tho)I eat it cold-right from the coil
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 9:44pm
Funnee! Folks who will eat pon haus/scrapple, or  country puddin', yet they won't touch haggis.Shocked

Here's a right hand haggis, wild & free on the left, prepped on the right.

It's a little known fact that wild haggises come in left or right handed sub-species, its nothing to do with hands actually, but legs. Left hand haggi have longer legs on the right so they can scamper through the gorse of the highland glens with out tipping over, but only to the left. Righty haggi have the opposite arrangement.Star
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 9:49pm
"Boudin requires testicular fortitude..."
Ya mean its made from testiculars?Confused

Anything like this Brit recipe that Tony & others from 'Midlands might be familiar with?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
Ishapore150 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishapore150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 5:40am
Not quite Shamu,Boudin is made from the liver,scrap pork meat,rice and you add spices,green onions,etc.. It's stuffed into the small intestine and steamed.It's not made from hog nuts.It's more like rice dressing in a sasuage casing.Goggle Savoie's rice dressing or cajun boudin.It's GOOD!!!!!!
-.- -.. ..... --- --.. .--- If you understand that 73's
flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Funnee! Folks who will eat pon haus/scrapple, or  country puddin', yet they won't touch haggis.Shocked

Here's a right hand haggis, wild & free on the left, prepped on the right.

It's a little known fact that wild haggises come in left or right handed sub-species, its nothing to do with hands actually, but legs. Left hand haggi have longer legs on the right so they can scamper through the gorse of the highland glens with out tipping over, but only to the left. Righty haggi have the opposite arrangement.Star

I'm afraid you're right and that this is not an anatomically correct representation of a live haggis. Haggis (pl. haggii) live in the Scottish mountains and always run round the hill in a clockwise direction. This made easier because the legs on their right side are shorter. Experience haggis hunters always approach them in an anti-clockwise direction. It cannot run anti clockwise and is easily caught most of the time. If the haggis tries to leave at any speed it will fall over and roll to the bottom of the hill where it can be collected by the hunters assistant. The haggis in this picture is able to maintain a stable stance on the flat and therefore cannot be genuine.
Life is full of possibilities, 50% of them are likely to good....
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 8:59am
AMATEURS!! Ya aint hunted tough till ya hunt SNIPE & the dreaded SNOW SNAKE! & you call yerselves "hunters" HA!
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 9:19am
Y'all are cracking Me up , Hoadie I've been Snipe hunting ....Damn fun if I say so My self !!!  Still trying to get Doobie and Fluffy to go !!!  I do have the trails for it in the pasture ...just wish it was way back away from the house than it is !!!  LOL!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 12:10pm
Used to send the young 'uns off ta hunt the snipe @ night.Gave 'em clubs & nets.(& flashlights)
Wouldn't be very long afore they'd all be back inside -scared to death!

Now SNOWSNAKE...that be a different story altogether
Hoadie
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 3:49pm
Haggis are vicious little sods when cornered, I still have the scars on my leg where 1 bit right through a pair of snow gaiters when I was up in the Cairngorms climbing.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 7:16am
my grandfather sugested some small saucers of scotch single malt strategically placed on the trails provided a good method of scouting from a blind , and if your shot went astray slowed the wee buggers down a might
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic