Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meet and Greet at Rhino's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 8:42am
Any of You Guys that are coming down for the Meet and Greet , and are driving ,if you have any 4 wheeler tires to throw away , Bring em , I building the pistol back stop out of them since they take up less room !!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 5:38am
Looks like We may also have 2 Old Members that have not been on the forum in some time try and make the meet also !!!
Rambler Reb and Cotton-Mouth !!!

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 6:29am
You sai Cotton Mouth left with the last Hurricane! What happen-he blow back in?
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 7:59am
No He just left for the Hurricane , He bought a House up on La, 1 towards Napoleonville !!   He dont live back here in Lower Texas any more ..but His Mom and Dad Do !!

"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 11:22am
3 More Days and I go on Vacation for the Meet and Greet !!!!
For once , Im actually leaving from a Job to go on Vacation !!!  Im in the middle of a Frame 5 G.E. Gas Turbine overhaul !!  I didnt have to run this job since Im leaving in the middle of it !!  but am getting very tired of the but head they let run it !!
Cant wait for my last day !!  I get to leave said but head with this turbine , Since he wont take any advice from me , Im letting him sink himself !!!!
The Seinior Supervisor thats out here had a talk with me , and laughed when He apoligized to me for putting me in the parts conex to Mic oil seals and Bearings !!  When I said I rather be down there than on the Turbine deck with that F#$%^&*   P&@*^ !!!!
Well any how , Im looking forward to this get together !!!   hope every one who is coming down can make it !!  Looking forward to seeing every one !!
"White Rhino"

Ishapore150 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishapore150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 4:19pm
That man is doing a fine job of digging his own hole.Leave him alone and let him dig.LOL
-.- -.. ..... --- --.. .--- If you understand that 73's
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 6:26pm
..Hey Kres!!Since we're all comin, you gonna bake a cake?
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 9:17am
I can Get Lisa to make a special Cake for the get together !!!  will have to post picks of it to share !!
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 9:54am
Oh and For The Guests that are staying over night , Bring a sleeping bag if You plan on staying over night ..Dont think We have enough Covers to go around depending on how many actually come !!
But just in case , better to be prepared !!

"White Rhino"

Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 12:32pm
OK...out of left field...maybe. I am flying down to NC on Thursday to watch a former student of mine graduate as a machine gunner from School of Infantry in Jacksonville. At the moment, I am flying out on Friday afternoon at 5pm.....I have no vehicle and am not interested in renting anything, the trip has been pricy enough, however....how much further would I need to hop on Friday to make the shoot??? Secondly....and thirdly....is bringing a rifle and ammo going to be a ridiculous pain in the arse? Fourthly, I've met Hoadie and have a feeling I would need to check out my spare liver to come play, which, by the way, I am fine with!!
I know I could just go to Expedia or Orbitz and work it out...just wondering from a practical viewpoint...like thats ever mattered to me...is this remotely possible or just a dream.
I do have an unfired beaut coming soon, y'all may know of what I speak...but it wont be hear until next week, so I would be shooting a nice rifle but not my dream shooter.

Get some
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 6:41pm
You'd be easier going to Nerw Orleans from NC.Not that many flights to BR..& they are about equa-distant.
We're in BR @ 10 a.m. Fri.We have a meeting till little after noon there
Too bad-we already rented a car-you coulda hopped in w/us
It would be good to see you again,Roo!
Hoadie
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 6:44pm
By the BY!! Anyone comin should bring whatever musical instruments ya can(why not?) My buddy is bringin his bag of harmonicas(he;s got a concertina-but doesnt know how to play it well yet.)
Maybe a guitar or two would be nice
Hoadie
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 10:14am
Lost Kangaroo , Flying with Ammo would be a problem !!  Dont think they would let that go .....   The rifle though , You would have to check with the airlines to see what they say ...
Last time I flew with Weapons was on My way back from Germany with 2 CZ-50 pistols , One I had Picked up and another for One of My Buddies , He was not 21 yet so I had to bring it back for Him ... and a Voere' Titan II Rifle ....  I was taken at Gun point at the Frankfurt Airport !!!!

The way I brought mine at that time was they had to be in a hard case , Locked !!  and no ammo !!
Dont know if its still the same way or not ....
"White Rhino"

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 11:24am
flyin with guns is not that big a deal - lock em up and declair them , but i do not know of ammo
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 6:48pm
When I went to ouir 1st meet & greet @ Cookies I flew with two shootin irons...but ammo is a BIG no no!!
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 11:26pm
I've flown with ammo. It has to go in checked bags & be inspected before checking in. There needs to be a secure box that "protects the primers from impact" (plastic reloaders box is fine) locked, (padlock works) packed seperately from gun (in luggage is fine as well), & declared at check in. I think there was a  limit of 11Lbs though. Don't even THINK of taking it as carry on!Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic