FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.410 shot she!! loads ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gun Nut 4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gun Nut 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .410 shot she!! loads ???
    Posted: December 15 2015 at 5:20am
The Lyman Shotshe!! Handbook 3rd edition, has a piss pot full of recipes for those powders. I suspect if you go on-line you should find them under Reloader's Guide for shotguns (I know that Alliance and Hodgdon has one), you are like to come up with something. The maximum loads run to 18 grs for H-110 and W-296, and 17 grs for IMR 4227. However you should really be working with primer and wad types for a complete recipe. If you can't find it on-line you would do well to pick up A Shotshe!! Handbook.  
Gun Nut 4
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2013 at 3:00pm
i will keep my eyes open , they are few and far between , but once in a while we get lucky here 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 8:46am
A Square 10 , I got me a new Mec 410 shot she!! re-loader, and was looking for load recipes .
But I have found me some W296 that what I had as a recipe from Win. on the bag of wads. So now Im good , I just need some spent 410 she!!s .
I had a couple of boxes from a skeet shoot we had about a year ago. Loaded some of those and they shot pretty good .  I need to pattern them when I get a good big box .....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2013 at 3:28pm
now that was the way to go - go with the recipe for the actual powder ETC you bought , i doubt one needs to worry a bunch with an enfeild 410 as the action is strong but one never knows about an ID 10 T misguided fool loading for a commercial field gun ,  
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 4:56am
Yea Ed , I head out tomorrow , I have to be at the Heliport at 5am for my flight ...  Kinda getting tired of the 14 and 14 , but do like the days off ...its the days at work Im starting to hate ..and I used to love to be at work ..must be all the Cry Babies im having to work with now !!!!!  Oh and the Back Stabbers !!!!  I could go on ...LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 12:27pm
Good score!  Thought about you today, we're traveling and i was looking at all the oil rigs in the Santa Barbara Channel. I never thought of them as work locations before.

Ed
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 9:31am
Cool !! Went to Cabellas Friday morning with Son in Law !!  Walked around to the shelf for the powders and there was H110 and W296 !!!!  I got 2 pounds of W296 to play with ....will still get and 8 pound keg from MidWay !!
I loaded over 75 rounds of 410 , which came in handy for the Squirrel hunt Sunday !!!  Miguel the kid from down the other side of town was over spending the week end , so I loaned him a 410 and took him with us !!!
Oh and I used my British 410 she!!s in the Enfield !!!  got me 2 squirrels and 2 Cottonmouths !!!  Miguel got him a Coppehead then walked on water !!!! So all in all , We came back with 8 squirrels ....Son in Law and His Dad got the rest , Think SIL got one but it was the biggest one ..... Seemed to be a good day for killing snakes though , since Gregory got a Copperhead on the Levee as we passed the protection canal !

We didnt realize Miguel had never got a chance to practice shooting , so when we got back we set up a bunch or beer cans so he could practice ...Son in Law even broke out his 20 gauge to let him see if he wanted a 20 rather than a 410 ....  He is a good Kid , When you tell him barrel up , or finger off the trigger ..You dont get that "I Know BS." like you get from some kids ...... SO I asked his mother if I can look for him a Shotgun ..So when I get back in from this hitch, I will be hitting the pawn shops to see if I can find him a decent 20 , Going to see if there are any Mossbergs out there that can be had for cheap !!!

"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 12:30pm
Well I will wait until I get the powder that my recipes call for that came with the reloader ....
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 9:38am
only found one load for 1/2 oz shot with green dot , its at 12.5 grns , but as with all of these they are generally case/primer/powder/wad and shot specific , this makes me add a disclaimer of the data and caution to you about the vintage of the gun etc , 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 9:24am
Well Im on the email list at Midway for , H110 or some W296 , and will settle for some Lil'Gun .....
I did get 2 cases of 410 .40 cal Buckshot and a case of 71/2 shot .... 
"White Rhino"

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 8:39pm
I checked all of my manuals & found nothing in .410 for those powders. I guess that means they're not suitable for .410 use?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 10:14am
Thanks Ed , Im currently on the E-mail list with MidWay for some 296 or the H110 which ever comes first !!
"White Rhino"

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 9:03am
WR, I can't find anything for 410 wit those powders. Another common powder would be 2400 if you can find some..

Ed
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 12:55am
I just got a MEC 650 Jr , 410 re loader , I dont have H110 , Win 296 or Lil' Gun . But do have IMR 4227 and Red, Blue and Green Dot powders ....Does any one have some Recipes for 410 shot gun that may help in the 1/2 ounce shot range ???
Does any one re load regular 410 she!!s , NOT ENFIELD brass shot she!!s ...
"White Rhino"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic