Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Globco Mohawk .303 semi-auto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

..A Sq: I would..but I'm a techno - saur. (My VCR still flashes 12:00, cuz the young kids round here moved away! )

I gotta thank Rhino - cuz when he was here last time, he brought me a new - unissued recoil pad for the Rifle, the late Barry Coppard - for selling his rifle to me in the first place (that's how I know it was saw service in the Mau Mau festivities), & Canuck - for scooping the bayo etc for me. (Sounds like the speeches @ academy awards )
But I truly am thankful.
If I could just learn to actually HIT something with it!!

But it sure looks "at home" sitting right next to my Vimy Vet!

Give it to your guide dog let him show you how it's done!LOL
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 11:24am
His guide dog can't type, no thumbs!
(at least we hope not)
Confused
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 3:08pm
..don't have a guide dog...got a cat (thinks he's a dog)..constantly tells me he can't work, cuz he has no thumbs.
(I shud try that, meself!)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 5:20am
O.T. but I got your bayo pics from Tony & am starting a new thread for you.Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2016 at 8:08pm
nice thread too - you got a nice one there , 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 2:38pm
I'm having technical difficulties (I'm a techno dinosaur) but when my son comes over he will help me get my photos of this rifle to this site. Can't find my real camera since my recent move and this phone camera is giving me fits!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 6:58pm
Finally figured how to load photos using my Windows 10 server. PITA!!!!! Anyhow, this rifle has only a couple small scrapes to the varnish surface, no dents or cracks or anything bad. A little bluing worn off near the muzzle. Nice patina, all original and hardly used at all. It has the original Globe Firearms Ltd. butt plate which looks to be a bakelite or plastic material.The floor plate of the magazine says 'Cal.303 British. The magazine holds 6 rounds of 150 grain soft points and the gas adjustment is set just right to eject spent casings not far from the shooter but loads the next round promptly. The front sight is a Lyman unit.I know most of these rifles were used and used HARD and most I have seen pictures of reflect that. This one is almost pristine. I'm very happy with the rifle and plan on using it sparingly out in the bush as a back-up rifle. Lovely wood grain too, it's just a nice example of the breed, the only .303 British semi-auto loader made. Look up the information on your favorite search engine, there is some information there that will give you more history on the rifle. One thing I did notice is there is no serial# stamped anywhere. The top of the barrel states Globco "MOHAWK" Globe Firearms Ltd. .303 British. It has a 5 groove barrel rifling as well. I believe the maker used brand new #1/Mk3 barrels for these builds. I think the wood is some kind of walnut but I need to investigate that further before determining the exact species of wood. It has rotating sling swivels.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 7:43pm
now thats a fun looking one , 
kjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2016 at 9:15pm
I have a Mohawk I bought years ago, but have never worked up the courage to fire it.  Sadly, Globe used Finn captured SVT-40's to make some of these rifles.  Check to see if it has "SA" in side a square somewhere on it. Smile
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 10:42am
I'll do that kjohn.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2016 at 8:06am
Sounds like a great bush gun to me.

Now where is that moose?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
gloup01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloup01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 12:28pm
hi everyone,

I would like to know if a person is able to give to me a model number for a scope mount for a GLOBE FIREARMS MODEL 555 or MOHAWK?

Wish to all a beautiful day
gloup01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic