FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Truth" at Last

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2020 at 1:59am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

I know diddly-squat bout the Aussie homefront during the 2nd twirl at war..but if Kokoda was anything like the real thing..my hats off to those guys!!

Yep! look up some of the youtube clips about the Kakoda trail, bit like the US marines island hopping in the Pacific on their way to Japan.
A different breed of men those days.
But! from some of the stories from sons and daughters of families, these fighting men came back a very different person than when they left Australia's shores to fight for freedom.
Not many of those old DIGGERS left now.
We called all soldiers diggers, goes back to WW1 with the digging of trenches.
I know what I like & like what I know.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2020 at 8:03pm
I know diddly-squat bout the Aussie homefront during the 2nd twirl at war..but if Kokoda was anything like the real thing..my hats off to those guys!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2020 at 3:35pm

Course he did, Paddy! The Brits told 'em everything! Including what time the last Jap recon plane would fly over.
The sacrifice of the labour intensive & obsolete battleships was the only way for U.S. to enter war without committing political "suicide".
But, that's a long time ago.(I guess the sacrifice was worth it in the long run)

Yep! but the sacrifice of lives was another thing.
Canon fodder I think some one once said.
If Japan left the USA alone,I'd be speaking Japanese now, as they went very close to taking over Australia. Many thanks to the USA and their fighting men.
And the Labour Unions (Communist members) in the Darwin seafront loading and unloading ships durring the war went on strike that many times, especially in DARWIN NT. Darwin top most city in Australia.This also happened in most ports around Australia.
Darwin was bombed over 100 times.
The seafront unions wanted 10 shillings extra a day (as danger money, well the Aussie soldiers were being paid less than the waterfront workers at the time) to load munitions, that were bound for New Guinea to help our Aussie soldiers fighting the Jap's. guess what they the seafront unions went on strike and the Aussie soldiers in Darwin loaded the ships themselves, there were a lot of fights between soldiers and the seafront union men, guess who won!
The Americans could not believe what was going on, as the waterfront union men, would when lifting jeeps etc on and off the ships they would make sure that the cargo would fall and be damaged. And when there was food to be loaded they the water front workers got their cut first, so they could sell on the black market or for them selfs, I worked up in Darwin in the 70's and saw first hand that things have not changed at all there.
One American general wanted to machine gun these commie waterfront workers.But was stoped it was a close call. These scum even took radio vales out of electrical equipment or damaged these items, so that essential radio gear would not work. To me this is treason and the Govt of the day had no balls to right the wrongs as our Aussie diggers were being killed for lack of supplies. to me that's TREASON.(there is a good book written about these events, my son has the book as I cannot think what is was called nor the author, but you should be able to find it).
Then the soldiers had to break the strike, As their mates fighting the Jap's in New Guinea, were running out of supplies and ammo. they loaded these ships bound for New Guinea with supplies and ammo and did load the ships twice as fast as the water front union commie men.
My father in-law was in New Guinea at the time and had a great hatred for unions when he got home after discharge he went back to the family business and all union activities there ceased, he got rid of them. 
Bit long but had to say it.
I know what I like & like what I know.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2016 at 7:54am
Funny how so many are great fans of movie stars as well.............Fans of people who spend a lifetime pretending to be someone else! 
No wonder they  and the Media & politicians are so much the same.

A-Square,
Conspiracy nuts.  We have a goodly amount of them as well!  .............Spraying us with something .".Chem -trails" they call it..
If they Are spraying us, it's with Stupid, And it's working!!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 8:03pm
there is so much "false news" these days i no longer believe anything in the media - they lie , they are propagandists , they are disgraceful to the calling of journalism that was dedicated to the truth , and that said ........i find some of the conspiracy nuts mildly amusing and entertaining , 

after all most "entertainers" are right in there with our modern media folks - liers and propagandists - mildly entertaining , 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 10:45am
So true.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 9:43am
Course he did, Paddy! The Brits told 'em everything! Including what time the last Jap recon plane would fly over.
The sacrifice of the labour intensive & obsolete battleships was the only way for U.S. to enter war without committing political "suicide".
But, that's a long time ago.(I guess the sacrifice was worth it in the long run)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 8:32am

well, I'm not much into theories.
Unfortunatly, a lot of people are.
Problem is..some FACTS get drowned as "theories" or "spec"...like the Pearl Harbour" issue

FDR knew about the Pearl Harbor before it happened.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2016 at 6:45am
Oi!
Embarrassed
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 8:07pm
well, I'm not much into theories.
Unfortunatly, a lot of people are.
Problem is..some FACTS get drowned as "theories" or "spec"...like the Pearl Harbour" issue

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 7:17pm
interesting rehash , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 5:23pm
I think Hoadie is behind this and is guilty as charged.

I will bet my pizza on it with a side order of road apples.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2016 at 4:15pm
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic