Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Santa Fe Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa Fe Special
    Posted: March 12 2018 at 8:40pm
Found another No4 Mk1 for sale today.
This one has been sporterized by Golden State Arms. I can get it for $175.00, which is what I'm going to do. I'm going to go through it,make sure it's safe to operate,clean it up better then what it is currently and go from there...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 4:18am
Classic look.
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:23am
I have a Sante Fe 1941 Supreme, does yours say witch model you are getting? I like your clean lines and that the receiver isn't cut.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:47am
The last photo here states that it is a Santa Fe Special. That's all I know so far. I'm picking it up in a few hours so,I'll know more then.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:54am
Sweet! Does it also have the original 5-roud mag?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:57am
I don't know for certain yet but, I have two of them so that shouldn't be an issue...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 10:24am

The barrel was bobbed already.
I got it home,took it apart, cleaned it up,put the ATI stock set on along with the S&K scope mount and Bushnell scope. Put a front sight protector on and put a five round magazine in it. Head space is fine. The bolt matches the receiver. It's definitely a Maltby made No4 Mk1,kinda a shame but, no use in crying over spilled milk now...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 11:46am
I actually put a spare front site protector on the last Sporter I bought. I like the look.
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 12:21pm
Nice looking Sporter, let us know how she shoots. Oldhand
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 2:39pm
I went ahead and cut the barrel to 20" and installed an old Remington front ramp sight.
Any and all comments are welcome and encouraged​...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:01pm
Goosic. Did you crown it in a lathe? I'm assuming front sites were drilled and tapped? I love the look of the front site hoop protector! What scope mount? Thanks!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Goosic. Did you crown it in a lathe? I'm assuming front sites were drilled and tapped? I love the look of the front site hoop protector! What scope mount? Thanks!

No,I did not use a lathe. I have three different custom drill bits that I use that give you a 90°,60°,and 45° bevel. It takes time but well worth the effort. Yes,the barrel was drilled and tapped to accept the Remington front ramp sight. The scope mount is a S&K no drill no tap mount.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 5:45pm

And Bob's your uncle...
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 6:21am
Great looking gun, nice bird bath.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 7:34am
My bird bath currently has 18" of snow in it! Sigh... Spring. Where are you??
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 7:55am
Phoenix Arizona. It's supposed to get to the mid eighties today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic