Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Wanted Items *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No4 spares wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No4 spares wanted
    Posted: October 09 2018 at 3:12pm
Numrich, as a Canadian, will not send much across the border. They did send me a walnut cheek piece ($75 CAD including shipping) for a No4 Mk1 rescue rifle I was working on. It was pretty much junk as it took me 4 hrs of fitting to get a kinda ok look and fit. About 2 years ago, I ordered the same piece from a bloke from England off eBay that said he had aquired the rights and templates from the British Military to produce these cheek pieces. I ordered one. $100 CAD including shipping. Seriously, about 10 strokes of sandpaper, it fit like a glove. Plus, he included the brass screws, which Numrich didn't.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 2:31pm
It was an Ex Ord. they only last 10 years (IIRC) but they MUST have an expiration date hared-wired into them then they auto sunset.
(Think Clinton ban era.)

"One year after signing the Brady Law, White House lobbying also played a role in the passage of the 1994 Crime Bill, which included the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, commonly known as the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. The law banned certain semi-automatic firearms with two or more specific design features, and also prohibited the manufacture of ammunition magazines that held over ten rounds."

"The Clinton Gun Ban expired on September 13, 2004, after months and months of shrill screams from gun ban extremists that the sunset would result in the rein of terror on American streets"

There was a verry, verry quiet blurb about this back several months ago debating whether it was the end of the month or the end of the month + an offset, then it all went dark.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 12:07pm
Sorry OT
Say what on the sr922 rule. Love to see more information on that going away.

Later 42rocker 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 4:30pm
Part of the Obama madness.
On the bright side 922(r) (evile furren weapon parts count) is supposed to sunset at the end of this month.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 3:37pm
It boggles the mind that we cannot send a few bits of machined steel outside the US for a 100+ year old designed bolt action rifle.   Especially for parts that were not even made in the US.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 2:11pm
Thumbs Up
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2018 at 11:51am
Just to put closure on this request. I got some part's from one of our member's here; and the rest I got from a dealer.
So thank you for the help; much appreciated.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 10:34pm
I got zapped on trying to send a Stock set to Canada I think Numrich still does International orders:
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 10:47am
 I don't think there's an issue for these type of part's. I have had stuff sent from England without issue.
I'll PM you to discuss details.
Thanks Zed.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 10:25am
I've got hundreds of main springs. I believe they are the same spring for the #1 and #4 rifles. Sears and cocking pieces as well but not as many. I'm in Canada but don't know if I can ship to France? Marking a package as containing 'machine parts' should thwart any raised eye brows from customs agents. I have ordered countless parts from England without any issues ever, but to France? Je ne sais pas.....
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 5:25am
Zed,

Check EBay UK.  I bought a bag full of no 4 extractors and springs from a girl on there.
Also a cocking piece from a different seller.
Stocking up can cause the sear to stay on first draw, but if it has been OK maybe the sear/cocking piece needs work.
EBay always has mainsprings....
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 11:28pm
Thank's Pedro. yes I do know Valmont and have bought some stuff from them. Good service but a bit pricey for some of the small parts.
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 5:02pm
This may be of some help. Maybe you already know about him, but in case you don't...
It might also be worth doing a search for deactivated weapons suppliers in the UK. If they have a ropey looking one that isn't much use as a wall hanger or for re-enactors, they sometimes will split for spares.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 6:53am
I'm not sure you can actually "export" these parts from the U.S. any more!

Canada maybe, but (ex) President Barrack Hussein Sorreto-Obama "re-interpreted" I.T.A.R. in  some very strange ways & customs are hotter than he!! on it.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 12:44pm
Gent's; I need a few small part's for my rifles. 

For the No4Mk1/2:
Main spring
Sear
Cocking piece.

For the No1MkIII*:
Ejector spring
Elector claw
Main spring.

Please PM me if you can help out, and what price etc.
Thanks in advance;
Zed.

The reason's for these part's! 
Last Saturday I found No4 was not returning the cocking piece forwards when coming off first pull when I wanted to retake my aim before firing. Which is potentially dangerous 
The No1MkIII* does not eject properly, leaving the empty on top of the next round quite regularly. These problem's both occured at my competition last weekend, (which was the worst I've shot ever at 200 metres.) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic