Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Tampa Bay area Fla

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Tampa Bay area Fla
    Posted: October 07 2018 at 9:29am
As the subject line stated I'm from the Tampa Bay area in Fla.
Have an interest in Enfields and Brens and MG42's and more.
I'm know on a few sites as 42rocker and shall go by the same name here also.

Later 42rocker
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 7:05pm
Well I hope that after a little work, I'll have a picture posted of what I'm going to be working on and not working on. So on with the picture show. Ok, just one this time as I was working on some Bren Tripods. It worked.

Later 42rocker 

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 7:53pm
welcome , we are glad you have joined us , im known by the same handle everywhere i have ever gone , i appreciate the honest approach , do let us know what you intend for all those enfield we see muzzles of 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 4:20pm
Would like to take them to the Machine Gun Shoot in Red Wing, Minn, been there once. Don't think it will work out for another trip as it's a long drive up there from Fla. 
So I would like to learn as much as I can about the Enfields in the pics. I've posted pics up of 2 so far and as I've not received any feedback on either I'm going to hold off on posting pics of the others.
As to the learning, like I think that I have figured out the BSA stamp on the side of the one stands for Boy Scouts of America and the GRI on the other stands for Grand Republic of Ireland on the other, or not.  Now marks on MG34's and MG42's and 1919a4's and 1917a1's I'm real good at. This is a whole new game to me. While I own these Enfields and a few others I've not learned as much as I would like to. Therefore help request thread on Enfield books as to which is a better book etc. 

As to what I'm going to do with them, well as I have time I will try to sort out what ones I want to rebuild, which ones I'm going to part out and I might sell a few wall hangers at the local gun show here in Fla.. Also might have a few parts left over to sell. For almost all of them I do NOT have any plans of shooting them. One I'm thinking of hanging on the end of my Bren Mk1 tripod as the front leg. Yes, I do Bren's also. Learning on those also.  
Well I hope that the temp in the area that I work in is below 91 F so I can review a few of those Enfields. Our temps for the month of Oct, 2018 have been way to high. 92 to 97 happy to see high below 90 .  Someday's I almost miss the snow in Minnesota, Almost. 

Later 42rocker
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 5:02pm
Take as many photos of all the stampings and inspector marks, especially around the butt socket area on the No1's, receiver and butt sockets on the No4's and post them. That's the only way we can determine what you have,where it originated from,if it's an actual No1Mk111 or a No1Mk111* etc,etc.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 6:10pm
hope your all well after the storm , do check back to let us know 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 6:17pm
Goosic 
Something like this? 

Also Thank You for suggestions as to what areas to try to take detail photos of. I was planning to take a few pics of En 03 & En 04 in a while after the work area cools down. It was 92F a few minutes ago when I was taking notes on the next two to review and take pics of.
Enfields are interesting to study that's for sure. Lots to try to learn about. I do like working on something and trying my best to bring it back as best as I can, if possible, not sure if some of these can be brought back to life. But the History that they would tell use if they could. Best we can do is to try to read the marks and go from there. Was just looking at the marks on one that if I read it correctly it was made in 1917 and then redone into .410  single shot in 1931. Interesting!    
Have a Great Day. 

Later 42rocker
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 6:27pm
A square 10
We in the Tampa Bay area were blessed. Extra high tide and 30 to 40 mile an hour winds off and on. Not like the top area of Fla. which got winds up to 145 miles per hour and water 8 to 12 feet above normal high tide. Not good stuff. That was over two hundred miles away from Tampa Bay, Fla. area.
One of the best things that our past Gov. Bush said was that if you want to live in Fla. you need to build for it. In that area the new building codes require that you build for it. Our area is now required to build for 135 miles per hour I believe. Like building for a Heavy Snow fall or not and seeing what happens to the roof when the snow falls. 
Thanks for checking. 

Later 42rocker

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic