Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P-14 Sporter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P-14 Sporter
    Posted: October 13 2018 at 10:19am

P-14 "W" Sporter.  Would like to see some of the Sporter Enfield’s that are out there.  I am starting to see people who are interested in this type of rifle who love the original Enfield’s themselves.  My dad gave this one to me several years ago. Setup for a 7mm Rem. Mag. with a 4x Pentax MC scope.  Here is a great trigger video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw0qlVL1MJ4 .  Please share any pictures you have.

jshaf00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshaf00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 1:04pm
Here is my bought dirt cheap sporter…
No4 Mk1* savage enfield

Kawahauler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:21pm

I think it looks great.  What caliber and ammo do you shoot out of it?  It really surprises me that these types of rifles can be purchases so reasonable.  Welcome to the site, and thanks again for posting.  Love the rifle.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:30pm
A few of my homemade,personally sporterised Enfield rifles.
jshaf00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshaf00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:40pm
I really like that top one !!!
jshaf00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshaf00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:41pm
where did you get the wood for the top one???
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:43pm
If they have been sporterised, then I wish they looked like that. 
Love the look of the bottom one. 

Later 42rocker
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 8:18pm
That one is Blazer. A No5Mk1. A Jungle Carbine to some. It has been customized with a new aftermarket stock set,the addition of the Lapua .338 muzzle brake and the S&K no tap no drill scope mount topped with the Hubble Telescope. The cool and interesting thing about this rifle is that it can be returned to original condition without any issues what so ever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 9:56am

Wow, Great looking rifles.  Over the top.  You did a great job on them all.  Do you have a favorite?  Do you use any of the Boyd’s stocks? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 9:58am
Looks like your second one down is similar to mine.  Where did you get that one?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 10:31am
All five rifles I customized myself. My favorite is the top rifle. All I had was the receiver and the bolt assembly when I started on it.
The second one down was just the cut down barrelled receiver and bolt assembly when I got that. I added the No5Mk1 reproduction flash hider and the No4Mk1 T sniper rifle scope mount along with the Sile stock and the Santa Fe five round magazine. I have yet to shoot any of the rifles with the Boyd's stocks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 7:11pm
Thank you very much for adds to this thread.  I am going to pick up a box of Hornady 154 grain Interbond 7mm Rem. Mag. ammo this week and see how they shoot.  If I can get a nice MOA group, I will use them this year for deer season.  
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 7:40pm
the pattern 14 and model 1917 rifles were some of the finest rifles ever built , they were contract rifles and the specifications evolved by necessity from the pattern 1913 rifle , a fantastic design and a most profound result and statement to modern firearms in that era , they are some of the highest quality production [and numbers produced ]of the time , and became a favorite of sportsmen - sporting conversions and wildcat cartridges because of their strong action , 
jshaf00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshaf00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 8:24pm
it is still chambered in .303 brit .   I do like it myself
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 6:28am
The Santa Fe 1941 Supreme was build by Canyon State in California. They milled the receiver and scoped the Sporter. The stocks were Boyd.
Retired USAF, NRA life member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kawahauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 7:29am
Thank you for adding to the thread.  I served in the USAF also.  (304X0).  What round does it shoot?  Boyd makes great stocks.  It is usually all the little add-on that tend to get a little pricey.  Is Canyon State a company out west?  Thanks again for the pictures.  Love the rifle.  Also, thank you for your service.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic