Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...aaaannnd,you know the routine...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...aaaannnd,you know the routine...
    Posted: October 19 2018 at 7:14pm
Scope has still not arrived. I fitted a cheek piece to it today however.

42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 9:26pm
Looks nice. Can't wait to see it scoped out.  

Later 42rocker
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 7:59am
On the bracket you have here is often extra material in the spigot or front attaching point. This allows for alignment with the bore. On some there is as much .060" extra metal. I'm saying the spigot hole is shallow so there is always as several minutes left built into the bracket.

This was done assist the layman in bore alignment.

Here you can see the other styles by Roger Payne or Nigel Greenaway when they were having them made in the 1990's. These are what are considered correct replacement for original T's.

H&H used a datum point from the center of the bore in two places when machining the left outside of the receiver to be in parallel to the bore before fitting the pads. This reduced the amount of scrapping or draw filing as we call it in fitting the pads parallel to the bore.

Keep up the good work as I enjoy watching your skills.

..MJ..
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 11:33am
I used the the H&H datum points and the Savage receiver front pad location has a deeper recess then the other rifles. Those two factors allowed me to center the bracket after removing .004 of material from the area you pointed out. The photo here shows the laser dot directly over the cross hairs and the vertical line directly inline with the front sight. The scope is mounted correctly,the camera lens distorted the picture enough to make it look like the cross hairs are tilted. You get the picture though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic