Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Saturday
    Posted: January 12 2019 at 11:13am
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 2:31pm
Sweet. 

Later 42rocker
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 3:25pm
Love the rifle and all the work you've shown us. To me, and I got a head like a pumpkin, the eye end of that scope looks high...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 3:30pm
Odd, & unstable, as it seems a floppy bipod does have a couple of advantages.
Terrain leveling for one.
Bench is nice but ground frequently has an uneven (& frequently angled) surface.

I had a spring loaded "cantable" Harris bipod (hated it, it kept trying to spring to 90° to that surface). then I got a P-H "floppy spigot mounted" like yours. It was so much nicer when I could decide where "Vertical" was even when "horizontal" was 1/2 a bubble off plumb.

The trick with most bipods is to forget everything forward of the pistol grip. & let the bipod do the work "out there".
(assuming you're right handed)
Right hand barely contacts the stock, its purpose is to squeeze the trigger & work the bolt.
Left hand goes under the bottom of the butt & dictates vertical alignment & elevation.
BUT it still rests bone-on-bone so its solid.
Like I need to tell someone who shots like you how to shootEvil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 4:46pm
Honkytonk. My cheek bone rests slightly on the riser putting my eye right in line with the crosshairs. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 9:00pm
nice looking rifle , i miss my charnwood that was set up similar to that , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 9:42pm
It gets quite a few people scratching their respective heads as to what it is they are looking at when I'm at the range. So far to date,one man figured out it is an Enfield. Threw him for a loop when I dropped a .308 round into the chamber however. 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2019 at 5:12am
Well Goosic, I'm a big fan of all your projects! And they shoot extremely well also! Well done!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic