Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Info for New Enfield Owners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JJ&Co JJ Jovino. lithgow or bitster?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 12:56pm
OK Team.  I have proudly joined the ranks of Lee Enfield owners.  I took Shamu's advice to heart - even though I noticed a couple of relatively minor mismatched pieces (Safety Spring, Trigger Guard) I went ahead as i really liked the overall condition and example of this gun.  Also, another gun collector friend of mine echoed the same sentiment.  I have passed on other (maybe better?) examples by being too cautious, but I can't live life always waiting for the "perfect" piece.  Thanks for your assistance, and I hope this is the first of many as I build out a great Aussie collection. Regards, Geoff
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 1:14pm
Congrats!The muzzle to nosecap relationship looks fine BTW.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 1:17pm
edit
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 1:59pm
Got it.   Rifle it is! ;)
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 2:04pm
edit
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 3:25pm
congrats.  
double gun
Marco1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 5:06pm
Agreed with the comments from the senior - more learned Jedi Master section. These RIFLES will grow on you..... and when you think you understand a bit about them, you will then be proved wrong and learn there is always the "Lee Enfield" exception to the rules in the current knowledge base. Your rifle looks great, and I would be very happy to find a place in my collection for an example like it next to its brothers and cousins.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 7:40pm
never , ever say 'always' or 'never' when it comes to enfields 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 4:50pm
How's this for service...My FFL hand delivered my "new" Lithgow 303. It is beautiful and even better then the photos from the auction site.  I am so excited to get up to the range and fire it myself. I picked up period correct Lithgow P07  bayonet to compliment the rifle.  Thanks to everyone for your advice. 

devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 5:00pm
need freshie fotos.
double gun
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2021 at 10:58pm
agreed - that will help a lot , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 7:55pm
Sorry for the long delay in getting updated pictures.  Something called work got in the way :)  I did manage to take it out an shoot the rifle - so much fun.  I noticed alignment is off, so I need learn why which is my next task - yeah, yeah I know, probably my aim, but if you listen closely you can hear the "ping" of the target about 100 yards away. I hope the video link works  https://www.facebook.com/565761537/videos/10158067353056538/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 7:56pm
A couple more photo's.

Also, as an FYI - I purchased a copy of Ian Skennerton's latest Broad Arrow Mk2 reference book.  I am happy to reference anything if I can assist.
Regards,
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 7:33am
F/B  link comes up as "Content Unavailable", sorry.
When you say alignment is off do you mean its not shooting to point of aim?
What ammo did you sue?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 8:35am
Nice looking rifle, looks pretty clean. The metal almost looks to be in the white or is it just the lighting.
The wrist band kind of looks like green phosphate finish, never seen that before? or its just picture lighting as well.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 8:34pm
it does look quite nice , i see why you are pleased , does that number match on the receiver , bolt handle to the bayonet boss ? someone here can reference that serial to date of production to see if it matches the receiver marking , i no longer have my reference for that , 

is the bayonet an MA marked one ? what year ? looks very nice from your photos and what little i see of the scabbard as well , should say mangrovite on the leather near the seam ,  congrats , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic