Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It looks neat...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It looks neat...
    Posted: July 30 2019 at 2:40pm
.....Big smile.....
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 3:11pm
That does look neat!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2019 at 8:53pm
yes - it does 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 3:51am
That looks very nice Goosic. L42 clone.
It will be interesting to see how the lack of charger bridge will affect the accuracy! Could it reduce the rigidity of the receiver?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 7:11am
The only accuracy issue will be from the operator. The lack of a charging bridge is to accommodate the Parker Hale scope base. Parker Hale made this identical modification to their Custom No4 rifles. My dad has a Custom No4 he purchased new in 1966 and it still works flawlessly.  This set up should be no different.  The area the bolt lugs engage in the receiver have not been tinkered with in any way as well. No issues from my perspective. 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 8:14pm
What are the specs on the scope? It is an interesting rifle for sure and well done. I really enjoy seeing the things you do.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 8:35pm
The scope is a CCOP 4-16×40 with side focus purchased on ePay 
Oloneear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oloneear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 2:09am
Very nice looking rifle, at a glance it gives you the impression of a scouting rifle or carbine. At second glance and knowing what it is gave me a "wow" moment. I would love to do a project like this.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Oloneear Oloneear wrote:

Very nice looking rifle, at a glance it gives you the impression of a scouting rifle or carbine. At second glance and knowing what it is gave me a "wow" moment. I would love to do a project like this.
I have stepped away from that project in favor of rebarrelling my No5MkI to 7.62x51mm.  The stock set is currently collecting dust.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic