BINGO MAC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BINGO MAC
    Posted: August 17 2019 at 7:47pm
oh , i am from iowa i know exactly what your talkin about , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2019 at 9:28am
Oh, you'd like my Chili.
I brown the chopped meat & chill powder first, then slow cook it with the veggies. I like it smokey so I use a can of Chipotles in adobo & a whole sliced jalopeno. I like my chili to have some texture too so I chop the tomatillos, onions, peppers & tomatoes very coarse so they don't turn to mush in the cooking!

If its too hot after an overnight hot tub in a crock-pot I add blackstrap molasses to tone down the heat to just the way I like it, sweetly hot & smokey. I also use lemon peel for little "flavor bombs" my Mrs. thought I was nutz when I told her about it, but after trying it she's a fan.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2019 at 8:11am
Phlegm soup! That's were my mother-in-law must have got her recipes! I like hot. Japepano hot. Habanero is out of my league! For me, taste over burn. When I worked, the Young bucks were forever bringing in the newest hot sauces! Insanely hot! No thanks!!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2019 at 7:38am
When I lived in Upstate NY (Southern tier / Finger lakes) "Bland" was spicy!
There was a very well thought of restaurant there whose best selling dish was their corn chowder, complete with half dissolved dollops of "flour"? "cornstarch"? it was utterly flavorless, we called it "phlegm soup"!
Dead
I made some chicken tenders with a honey & Worcester sauce marinade they were pronounced "inedible" because they were so "hot"!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 9:25pm
geeezeeee , you make me hungry with these posts , i do love seeing it tho , some of you eat far better than i do these days , 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 3:18pm
That's funny! When I worked in Iowa, the guys at the gas plant thought ketchup was spicy! One dude made a pot of chili on a night shift. It was basically hamburger and beans in tomato sauce. I always had a bottle of Tabasco handy. They just about feinted when I took out my bottle and applied liberal dashes of the stuff! After that, I was a legend!! (Well, it was Iowa!)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 2:59pm
Next time I will use my homemade pork and cheddar from last falls county fairgrounds auction pig. It just seemed like over kill  to use on MAC with the three packety of cheese sauce provided.

I myself like a spicy or hot sausage but when dealing with the ham and eggers many senior to my 72 years I have to be careful. Catsup is still new to many people around here. We still have two guys that jumped on D-Day.
A jabanero pepper might kill someone.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 1:35pm
I've been retired for four years and haven't been back to the US since. The Mennonite and Hutterites up here also make nice sausage. Usually fine grind. I like it. My wife prefers chunky. There is a place in Modare, Alta. Stawnichy's Ukrainian Sausage. It is considered by a lot of Western Canadians as the best! I live about 10 hours away, but if I have friends going out that way, always get them to bring me back as many rings as will fit in their vehicle!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 1:15pm
Have you tried the various Amish / Mennonite markets? They usually advertise in the local papers.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 11:12am
When I travelled and worked in the US, I found trying to buy kielbasa like I am used to difficult. At home, we call it garlic sausage. Fine grind. Then we have ham garlic sausage. Chunks of pork goodness! The closest thing I could find in the US was Andouille. 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

What kind of sausage is that?

Like a smoked kielbasa pork and beef.

Not as many players this week so got to take some home for a midnight snack.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 9:11am
What kind of sausage is that?
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 8:38am
...............Clap.............

And I won three beer chips.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic