Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The .22 that never was,until now...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The .22 that never was,until now...
    Posted: September 04 2019 at 10:33am
Took the LB .22 out this morning.  50 yards is all she's good for with 22 shorts. A tarantula decided it was going to spend some time under my bench cheering me on...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 12:27pm
I'll second that with my Lithgow No2MkIV* and PH5a at 50 metres!

Just love the Enfield's in .22
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 12:57pm
The thing with .22s is that you'll never know what ammo is going to be "just right" until you try several different brands.
My 10-22 shoots better with "Remington Thunderbolt" than anything else I've tried in it! Yup "Thunderphart" the super-nasty el cheapo rubbish!
Thumbs Up
Get a selection of 50 round boxes & see which your rifle likes & don't skip the cheap stuff!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 5:06pm
why are you shooting shorts ? the bullet jump to the rifleing is nearly the length of the cartridge , why not use LR ? 

dont get me wrong i love my shorts only rifles and handguns but my enfields are all long rifles , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 5:10pm
Basically because I have 1500 CCI 22 shorts. No other reason then that. I am going to buy  a brick of long rifle this week though...
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 5:16pm
makes sense - see what you get out at 75-100 , good luck , 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 7:13pm
I found the same thing that Shamu did.  Accuracy is totally dependent on the ammo.  I tried at least 15 brands of .22 LR for my S&W Model 22A semi-auto pistol and Federal AutoMatch performed as good as the most expensive Match ammo I could buy.  I had similar results with my Ruger 10/22.  I have yet to shoot my Long Branch CNo. 7 rifle. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 9:19pm
I do not shoot this rifle often so, when I was set up to shoot, I flinched.  I flinched bad on my first shot,thinking I was still shooting one of the 303 rifles I had with me. It took me about 20 shots to stop expecting to be kicked in the shoulder and get settled in for peaceful shooting...
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 10:21pm
I can't help but laugh..... I have a bunch of .22's from single shot bolts to a Marlin semi-auto. I also have 6 different brands of ammo from shorts to longs labeled to which one it's for. These things are finicky! But so much fun. Love the pics, Goosic! Also, are tarantulas as docile as I have heard? Freaky spider buggers!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2019 at 10:37pm
That guy was at least six inches in diameter and I picked him up and moved him to a safer place amongst a Mesquite tree.  Docile as long as you are not irritating him/her.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2019 at 10:05pm
i collect 22s , cannot even tell how many any more , but i get goosics comments on the enfields and such - it is hard sometimes not to let your imagination get carried away with a familiar shape and feel , i have one thats an AR15-one thats an M1903-one thats a thompson submachine gun-one thats an m1garand-one thats ............you get the idea , you expect a lot different from that familiar feel til it goes off , dont seem to have quite the problem with the handguns but it does cross the mind from time to time when you are loading them up , 
teenahlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teenahlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 8:20am
is that a c. No. 7?
I don't use shorts in LR, it can either erode the chamber, or leave lead deposits causing extraction problems.....
We really need a .22/subcal tab in the forum
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 12:20pm
It is a No4Mk1 with a 22 sleeve and a modified bolt head and firing pin. Third one down and above the No5Mk1 converted to 7.62x51mm...😎
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 1:47pm
We used to get "Bird Eating Spiders" when my father worked for the hospital. They'd by whole stands of bananas at the dock to feed so many. They are actually a large tarantula but we'd coax them into big kitchen match boxes to take them to the school or the zoo. I never got bitten.
https://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20130318/blond_terafoza_11.jpg
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
pisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 2:59pm
hi shooting 22 trainers is some of the best fun to be had anyone that doesn’t own one are missing out
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2019 at 3:36pm
The Morris tube conversion for my SMLE actually prefer shorts
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic